The following terms and conditions apply to website users and customers of Godfreys, updated 2020.
Godfreys reserves the right to change its pricing at any stage. Godfreys will promptly and clearly communicate any price change on this website.
The price which is payable for the products is the price that is clearly set out on the website at the time you order the product. The price does not include delivery charges. All prices are inclusive of GST.
At Godfreys we aim to keep all product information 100% accurate to help you make informed decisions. However, please be aware that from time to time there may be inadvertent errors on the website and mistakes in relation to pricing or product information. Godfreys will use its best efforts to minimise and correct any mistakes. If you find a mistake, please report it to our Customer Service team on 1800 815 270. Godfreys recommends that you do not rely on the information contained on the website and Godfreys does not accept liability for your reliance on information on its website.
Please be aware on the following when considering your purchase: advertised prices may vary depending upon location, product availability will vary from store to store.
Where possible, product rainchecks or a substitute product will be offered in the case of out-of-stock products.
Godfreys gives no express or implied warranties or representations as to the operation of the website or the content, information or materials on the website. If you use the website, you agree to do so at your sole risk.
All images on this website are copyright of Godfreys and cannot be used without express written permission.
Free delivery applies to all orders on the site over the value of $99.00AUD, except on those products which explicitly state otherwise.
Change of Mind Returns
For online purchases, if you simply change your mind, and the product(s) are unopened and still in their original packaging, and you have proof of purchase, you may return them to our warehouse within 30 days of purchase at your own cost for a full refund. To organise a return, please contact our Customer Service team on 1800 815 270, or via the contact us form. See the link below for full information on returns for in-store purchases.
You have rights under Australian Law, if the product you bought has a defect. Those rights are summarised below or available via the ACCC website.
If the product has a minor defect, Godfreys may choose:
- replacement with identical product, or
If the product has a major defect, you may choose either:
- replacement with identical product or product of similar value
- compensation for loss of value caused by the defect, or
A major defect is where a product:
- has a problem that would have stopped you from buying the item if you had known about it
- is unsafe
- is significantly different from the sample or description shown to you, or
- doesn't do what the product or Godfreys (including sales staff) said it would.
If you agree to a repair of a product with a major defect, you are still entitled to refund or replacement at any time. Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods.
Exclusions and Qualifications
Godfreys is not obliged to repair or accept the return of any product if:
- the defect was caused by your misuse - you were aware of the defect or did not notice an obvious defect before purchase
- you have thrown away, destroyed, lost or damaged the product
- you’re unable to provide reasonable proof of purchase (e.g. receipt, lay-by agreement, receipt number, credit card statement, completed warranty card, warranty number linked to online warranty scheme)
- the period of time since purchase of the product is longer than the product could be reasonably expected to remain defect-free.
How to Claim
A warranty or defective product claim can be made through the website via the contact us form, by post (Godfreys Customer Service - PO Box 5445, Brandon Park VIC 3150), or by telephone on 1800 815 270.
- You must provide to Godfreys proof of purchase by you of the product to make a warranty claim.
- Repairs or Replacement of products will only occur after evaluation by a qualified Godfreys technician or an authorised technician from a manufacturer or associated company in order to confirm if a product is defective.
- You are responsible for the cost returning any product to us. We have stores and service centres in many locations, our customer service team on the above number can assist you with details.
- We will process your warranty claim as quickly as possible. Godfreys will attempt to dispatch any repaired or replacement product to you within 7 days of receipt of any defective product from you, provided that you have given Godfreys proof of purchase, the parts required for repair are available or a replacement product is available (as the case may be).
- We reserve the right to charge you for any repairs, service, and blockage clearance in respect of a product that you have returned to Godfreys as defective, but which on inspection, is found not to be defective. We will seek your approval to carry out any repairs or service before undertaking such work or incurring any cost to you.
Returns for in-store purchases
View our Consumer Rights Guarantee
Website Terms & Conditions
Godfreys reserve the right to make changes to our website, policies, terms and conditions and warranties at any time.
If any part of Godfreys policies, terms and conditions or warranties is deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that part of the Terms is severed, and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remainder of the Terms.
The terms set out in this document constitute the entire agreement between you and Godfreys regarding the operation of the website.
When you process an online transaction using the Fast Checkout option, our system stores your details that relate to your order (excluding credit card details) so we can assist you with any enquiries relating to your orders.
All transactions are quoted in Australian dollars unless otherwise stated.
If you have any further questions about these terms and conditions, or any general enquiries, please contact our Customer Service team on 1800 815 270, or via the contact us form.