Power Head Vacuums
Power Head Vacuums
When you’re in the market for a new cleaner, it’s worth checking out a power head vacuum. That’s because they make short work of picking up dust, debris and pet hair that’s embedded in your carpet. In fact, if you have allergies or a pet that sheds a lot of fur, then a vacuum with a power head is a necessity.
What is a power head vacuum?
This is a vacuum that combines the best of both worlds – the mobility of a canister vacuum with the power of an upright vacuum. The vacuum power head features a separate motor that needs to be plugged into the canister to operate, ramping up not only the suction power, but also the power of the rotating brushes to remove embedded dirt and debris.
If you are used to operating a standard vacuum cleaner without a power head, you’ll notice a big difference in the amount of pet hair and other debris that these vacuums remove, particularly from carpets. It’s this deep cleaning action provided by the power head that makes these vacuums so popular with pet owners and anyone who suffers from allergies.
How often do you use vacuums with a power head?
When customers are looking at buying a vacuum that quickly removes pet hair, one of the questions they ask is, “How often do you use vacuums with a power head?” There’s no hard or fast rule here because everyone cleans their home on a different schedule. However, it makes sense to use the power head at least weekly, or more often if your pet sheds a lot of hair or you suffer from allergies.
One of the great features of a power head vacuum is that you can use the vacuum with or without the power head. The heads are easy to change, so if you want to use the power head you just plug it into the canister and you’re good to go.
Best power head vacuums
When you’re searching for the best power head vacuums on the market, you first need to decide whether you want a bagged or bagless vacuum. People with allergies or asthma tend to opt for bagged vacuums because the bag keeps all the dust and debris contained and prevents it from escaping into the air, which can happen when you empty a bagless vacuum cleaner.
On the other hand, many people prefer a bagless vacuum because it’s easier to empty and eliminates the need to keep buying new bags. Whichever option you prefer, here are our picks for the best power head vacuums.
Best bagged vacuum cleaner with a power head
- Hoover Allergy Bagged Vacuum Cleaner: This vacuum features a self-propelling power head that gently vibrates the carpet to easily lift dirt, dust and pet hair. It comes with a 1600-watt motor, carbon and HEPA filter and a handheld turbo tool to remove pet hair from furnishings.
- Hoover Action Pets Vacuum Cleaner: This vacuum features a 1600-watt motor, deep cleaning power head, hand turbo tool, LED lights and a washable HEPA filter. Its compact and lightweight design makes this a very popular option for a lot of households.
- Sauber Excellence SE-400 Vacuum Cleaner: This vacuum features a 1250-watt motor, ETI power head with advanced airflow and five-stage Mediclean filtration to purify the air. It also comes with a handheld brush for removing pet hair from upholstery and an intelligent floor nozzle that automatically adapts to suit different floor types.
Best bagless vacuum cleaner with a power head
- Hoover Allergy Bagless Vacuum Cleaner: This vacuum features a 1600-watt motor, self-propelling power head, advanced multi-cyclonic bagless technology, carbon and HEPA filter and a handheld turbo tool for removing pet hair from upholstery.
- Hoover Regal Bagless Vacuum: This vacuum features a 1600-watt motor, self-propelling power head, washable HEPA and carbon filter, large accessory kit and LED lights.
- Hoover Action Pets Bagless Vacuum Cleaner: This vacuum features a 1300-watt motor, deep cleaning motorised power head, washable HEPA filter, LED lights and a lightweight design.
For help selecting the best power head vacuum for your needs, why not chat to one of our experts online or in-store today?