Wet And Dry Vacuum
A wet and dry vacuum gives you the best of both worlds. It’s a very versatile cleaner, allowing you to remove dry debris and liquid spills all at the same time. This dual functionality makes these vacuums a pleasure to use and a great value purchase for your home. When debating whether a dry wet vacuum is right for you, here are a few things to consider.
- Versatility: If you find yourself vacuuming and mopping your floors regularly, then a wet and dry vacuum is a great time-saver. There’s no need to use your vacuum cleaner first and put it away, then get the mop out and do it all again. This versatility is a huge part of a wet and dry vacuum’s appeal, because you can get all your cleaning done at the same time.
- Lots of power: A wet dry vac comes with much more power than most other types of vacuums, which is one reason why it’s used in commercial applications. If you’re looking for a cleaner with dual functions and powerful suction, then this is the vacuum for you.
- Easy to use: These vacuums are easy to move around. Commercial models have four rubberised wheels that zip over your flooring, whether it’s carpet, tiles, hard wood or laminate. They can also easily spin 360 degrees, so they’re nearly effortless to pull along.
- Different sizes: Dry wet vacuums are available in different sizes, depending on whether you want a handheld cleaner, upright or commercial model. This gives you the option to buy a small wet and dry cleaner if you live in a small flat, or a large commercial model if you live in a bigger home. There’s a size for every situation.
What is the best wet
and dry vacuum cleaner?
When trying to decide what is the best wet and dry vacuum cleaner for your home, one of the biggest factors to consider is the size of the liquid cannister and the type of vacuum you prefer. Your choice is between handheld, upright and commercial models, spanning 500mL to 80L capacities.
- Best Hand vacuum: Our best pick for a handheld wet dry vac is the Hoover Cordless, which has a 500mL capacity and is lightweight and stylish. It uses bagless technology that’s easy to empty and comes with a squeegee attachment and a permanent washable filter.
- Upright vacuum: Our best pick for an upright vacuum is the Sauber Steam & Vacuum SV-100, which is a great all-rounder and comes with a 500mL capacity. This wet and dry vacuum comes with a HEPA filter, a steam blaster for heavy dirt and a dual brush action with backwards motion for a through clean. It also has a swivel head action and adjustable settings and can steam and vacuum at the same time.
- Commercial vacuum: If you want a small commercial dry wet vacuum, then the Numatic Charles Wet & Dry Commercial Vacuum ticks all the boxes. It has a 15L capacity, 1200W motor, easy to change HEPA filter and two floor nozzles – one for liquids and one for dry debris. If you want a larger capacity commercial wet dry vac, then the Pullman CB80 Wet & Dry model is worth a look. With an 80L capacity, three 1000W motors, an easy glide trolley and stainless steel construction, this cleaner will tackle just about any mess you can imagine.
How to use a vacuum
cleaner (wet and dry)
Learning how to use a vacuum cleaner (wet and dry) depends on whether it’s a handheld, upright or commercial model. In general, however, you will be able to press a button to select either the dry vacuum or the wet function. It’s important to remember that when cleaning up liquid waste it’s best to empty the cannister immediately, preventing any of the water from becoming stagnant.
For help selecting the best wet and dry vacuum for your home, why not chat to one of our experts online or in store today?