Floor and Steam Cleaners
If you have a busy household with dogs and kids or you have lots of carpet in your home, then it’s time to check out our selection of premium floor and steam cleaners. It’s so much easier and more hygienic to clean hard floors with a steam cleaner than a mop, and it’s a lot less expensive than hiring a professional carpet cleaner.
The option you choose will depend largely on whether you need to clean hard flooring or carpets, because most machines won’t clean both surfaces. Let’s take a look at all the options so you can decide which is best for your household.
Do steam cleaners really clean hard floors?
If you have tiled floors, particularly porcelain tiles, then a steam cleaner is the ideal choice. Floor and steam cleaners designed specifically for tiles are a natural and effective way to remove 99.9% of household germs, which is ideal if you have pets or young children. However, for vinyl, timber or laminate floors, we recommend a hard floor cleaner that doesn’t use steam, as steam can damage these types of flooring.
Do carpet cleaners
get stains out?
When looking at a carpet steam cleaner, one of the questions we are frequently asked by customers is, “Do carpet cleaners get stains out easily?” The answer is yes, but it does depend on the type of stain. For example, waxy stains such as candle drips can require more than just steam to remove and won’t even be lifted by a carpet shampooer.
A carpet cleaner is, however, ideal for cleaning up general household stains that make your carpet look old and used, like pet stains, jam and muddy footprints. A carpet shampooer also makes your carpets smell lovely and clean and look as fresh as a daisy.
Best hard surface cleaner
Here are our picks for the best cleaners for hard floor surfaces.
- Hoover Dual Steam Plus Steam Mop: This steam mop features a dual tank design to separate detergent and water, trigger steam control for hard to remove stains, and a swivel head for cleaning in hard-to-reach places. It also comes with a handheld steam cleaner and 14 accessories.
- Tineco FLOOR ONE S3 Hard Floor Cleaner: This cordless, steam-free, wet and dry cleaner features smart sensor technology that automatically adjusts water flow and suction depending on the surface type. It also comes with a dust sensor, a multi-stage self-cleaning system, app integration and voice assist. It has a runtime of 35 minutes.
- Bissell SpinWave™ Cordless Mop: This cordless, steam-free mop features powerful spin pads that make short work of dirty floors. You can control the amount of water released and select either a gentle clean or a powerful scrub to remove more determined spills on hard floors.
Best carpet cleaner
Here are our picks for the best carpet cleaners.
- Sauber Steam & Vacuum SV-100 Multi Surface Cleaner: This hard surface and carpet steam cleaner picks up dirt and debris while using steam to kill 99% of germs. It features cyclonic bagless technology, a HEPA filter and a chemical-free steam blaster. It also comes with a swivel head for cleaning hard-to-reach places, adjustable steam settings and the ability to steam and vacuum at the same time, making it a great all-round hard surface and carpet cleaner.
- Bissell CleanView™ ProHeat® 2X Shampooer: This is Bissell’s most advanced upholstery and carpet cleaner, providing professional results without professional costs. It features 12 rows of dual-rotating power brushes, CleanShot Technology™ that releases a burst of cleaning solution to combat stubborn stains, and Heatwave Technology™ to maintain a constant water temperature.
For help selecting the best carpet cleaner or floor and steam cleaner for your needs, why not chat to one of our experts online or in-store today?